Friday, December 14, 2007

Baking

It is official. My baking desires have taken over. I love to bake. I have baked cookies Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night this week. I have made sugar cookies; they are in my freezer waiting to be frosted. I have made white chocolate chip shortbread cookies; they are going fast. Last night I had a sudden craving for these cookies (while I was taking a yoga class...I don't think that says good things about my meditative practices...)

Since this is what has been on my mind this week, I am sharing the recipe I made last night. (I don't have the other ones handy at the moment...perhaps I will share those later) I don't use very impressive recipes. I got this from the internet. The white chocolate came from the Toll House bag... you get the idea. I just enjoy baking.

The Preschool director said I should just bake for a living... isn't she kind? Honestly, there are days when that sounds like a FABULOUS idea . Enjoy....

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No Bake Cookies:

2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal

Mix the sugar and cocoa in a heavy saucepan. Add the butter and milk. Bring to a boil, but do not boil longer than one minute.

Add vanilla, peanut butter and oatmeal. Stir till completely mixed.

Before the mixture cools down, quickly drop spoonfuls on waxed paper to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment