Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday Five

I am part of a webring called revgalblogpals. They sell a TShirt I might need to own: "Does this pulpit make my butt look big?"

If you look at the side bar of this blog, you'll notice the link. It is a group of clergy and laity, mostly women, who share in life and ministry through posts on line. I have never participated in the Friday Five, but I am joining in today. It is a question or questions that each person answers on their own blog. Since I am feeling scattered and kind of funky, I found the question to be God sent. It is: "What are five things you have enjoyed this week?"

1. Being at the beach. We came home from a week's vacation at the beach on Monday. The coming home part was not so much fun. But the being on the beach part, after many days of rain thanks to Tropical Storm Ernesto- priceless.

2. Snuggling my children. This one always makes the list. I love snuggling.

3. Talking in a class at Wesley Seminary on Wednesday. Dr. Scott Kisker asked me to come and share my experiences with covenant discipleship groups in the local church for the introductory class. I really enjoyed it.

4. Going to the National Zoo. After Wesley, I spent the night with my family at my mother's house outside of D.C. So Thursday we spent on the metro and walking around the National Zoo. The kids are at an age of absolute wonder. I enjoyed seeing the kids enjoy the animals. (On a side note I have always suspected there is something slightly wrong with me- I have never been fascinated with animals.)

5. Celebrating my husband's 35th birthday. He turned 35 on Wednesday. We have more celebrating left to do, since I was at the Seminary that day. The kids and grandparents had a birthday cake together...and of course we went to the zoo.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Amy~
    The zoo sounds great. I was at the National Zoo with my three when they were 11, 7 and 2, and they had a wonderful time.
    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet.
    Sigh, missing the beach. Glad you got the time.
    Glad you played.
    Happy Birthday to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete