Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sabbath Blessed Me

After so many posts on Sabbath, I have to write about what a blessing my Sabbath day was yesterday. I take Mondays as my Sabbath. I had been feeling somewhat overwhelmed and behind and therefore in a generally lousy mood for several days. So I journaled. I prayed. I fasted. I brooded. I wished. I contemplated why exactly God had called me to be a pastor (and then remembered, which is helpful.)

Then I spent Monday resting on the Sabbath. My husband let me sleep in (he is such a blessing). I took some time to run some errands just for me (Ray took Shannon to preshcool and kept Jacob with him for errands. Did I mention he is a blessing?) We had a nice family lunch together; Shannon helped me make brushcetta. We all took took naps. Then we went to my sister's for dinner, and the kids all had a great time playing together. Sara made a special dessert that was fabulous.

And when I awoke this morning, I found that I feel generally better! Sabbath is so wonderful.

In the midst of all of this, I have also realized that I MUST keep my office more clean, because it contributes to feeling overwhelmed. So, the 2005 mail is my first step...

No comments:

Post a Comment