Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Binky Update

Good news on the binky front. If you read my post several weeks ago about my daughter Shannon and her first extemporaneous prayer, you know she prayed not to be so upset about her binky being gone. God answered that prayer! She has not cried for them since.

After being away for last week, our kids were of course clingy when we arrived home. On Sunday night, Shannon had a really hard time settling down to sleep and letting me leave the room. I do not like leaving the room with her in tears, but leaving her without firm boundaries is worse, so I left the room, tears and all. I told her as I was leaving that she could talk to God.

The next day, as we were driving, she said to me, "Mommy, I talked to God last night. It did help a little."

Nothing brings me laughter and awe all at once like my children. Truly God is with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment